Thursday, January 3, 2008

Bleach – Our Reliance On It Is A Mistaken Belief; Part3

From the first two articles it has hopefully become obvious that bleach does exactly that. It bleaches coloured pigments so they are transparent. It doesn’t clean by removing. I was trying to explain this to my son-in-law who said he swore by bleach and used it for many things. Only that morning he said he had used it to clean the tannin from stained teaspoons. Again I attempted to explain that the tannin was still there it had just been bleached so he couldn’t see it. His answer was I cannot see it so it has gone and the spoons are nice and shiny once again.. Defeated yet again by the power of bleach!
Having thought about this for some little time now perhaps I should reconsider my quest to re-educate people about the use of bleach. The power of what people perc View the rest of this article


No comments: