Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My Exquisite Angel

Stumbling Across the Perfect Antique Christmas Decoration
Browsing in my town's antique handler a few years ago, I stumbled across something of rare beauty: an antique Christmas decoration still carefully wrapped in its original packaging. I'm no stranger to antiquing and I appreciate a rare find when I'm lucky enough to come across one. This particular discovery was unique and quite exquisite. I asked the dealer what she was asking for the piece with all the nonchalance I could muster. I almost swooned with excitement as I registered the words "Twenty bucks." I'm not sure I managed to prevent my hand trembling as I handed over a creased 20 dollar bill. I should probably have tried to haggle to allay the dealer's suspicions - it's never a good idea to appear too k View the rest of this article


No comments: